At the Sacred Stone Camp, we welcome media personnel but ask that you adhere to a few simple guidelines. This will help you make the most of your time here while navigating cultural and personal restrictions.
ALL MEDIA MUST CHECK IN WITH SECURITY UPON ENTRANCE TO CAMP AND MAY NOT WANDER CAMP WITHOUT AN ESCORT.
1. Before arrival, please have your outlet send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
2. When you interview people from camp, please introduce yourself with your first and last name, followed by where you're from and what outlet you are with.
3. DO NOT FILM CEREMONIES. Watch for smudging - this is usually cedar or sage burning with lots of smoke in an abalone shell. This is a good indicator of ceremony. If one is caught filming a ceremony, the footage must be deleted on the spot. There are very few things asked in the camp, this is the strongest rule.
3. There are a few areas that are not open to press. Some of them are clearly marked, but others are not. Do not film: the sweat lodge or the neighboring camps, the big council lodge, children without permission, or again, ceremony.
4. Anyone in camp has the right to ask at any time to stop filming and if they feel someone are being disrespectful and security has to be notified, depending on the circumstances, folks have been asked to leave in the past and that right is reserved in the future.
For all other media questions or concerns please contact email@example.com